- Joint reviews may take place in specific Transition Clinics. If there is not an appropriate Transition Clinic available professionals from adult services or children’s services, as applicable, should be invited to attend regular normal clinic appointments.
- Young people should be asked for their permission to share a full electronic copy of their health records with adult services and be offered a copy too.
- At least one joint review should take place with children’s services leading, and at least one with adult services leading.
Joint reviews: children's services leading
- Each young person with a long term condition has at least one joint with children’s services leading
- Professionals from adult services introduce themselves to the young person and their family and explain their role
Joint reviews: adult services leading
- Each young person with a long term condition has at least one joint with adult services leading
- Attendance at adult clinics for transition patients is actively monitored and non attendance is followed up.